Seller Ratings Extensions – A Star is Born!
Ever wondered what makes your competitors drive more business compared to yours? Ever thought how to make the best use of your happy & loyal customer base? Well, your questions have been answered by The Almighty (read: Google)! About three years ago, in June 2010, Google introduced a refreshing new Ad Innovation as part of their Google AdWords platform. It’s called Seller Ratings Extensions. Since the introduction of this feature, advertisers who were quick enough to make use of it have experienced a significant increase in their overall Click-through Rate as well as conversions. What’s it all about? Seller Ratings Extensions show legitimate customer ratings & reviews about sellers as part of their AdWords ads. In simple terms, these reviews reflect how a customer rates a business. This is how the Seller Ratings are displayed when an ad is eligible to show the ratings:
- Your AdWords campaign should be opted in to “Search & Display Networks” or “Search Network only.”
- The customer has to search on Google.co.uk, Google.com, Google.fr, Google.de or Google.nl.
- You have to be an advertiser that offers customers paid goods or services or a company that facilitates the trading of products or services via an online marketplace.
- Your business must have at least thirty unique reviews from the last year, and a composite ranking of 3.5 stars or more on Google Shopping.
- It is not necessary for you to be signed up to a Google Merchant Centre account for your ads to be eligible to be rated by sellers.