My Love-Hate Relationship with Google Tag Manager
(more love than hate to be precise!)
- I will save so much time on making the changes myself, instead of asking the clients to do it.
- The clients will also save so much time by not being involved in things they sometimes were not familiar with (and, if they were, it wouldn’t necessarily be their priority to sort this out quickly).
- Creating account – nice and easy – Loved It
- GTM code generated – automatically, nice and easy – Loved It
- Creating a container – nice and easy – Loved It
- ….so nice, so easy, so far…
- Creating tags – nice and easy – Loved It
- Creating Rules (renamed to Triggers it a new Tag Man layout)
- nice and easy for some (Listeners, Universal Analytics) – Loved It
- but some other (Events)…well – Hated It