How Google My Business Is Changing Local Searches
Google My Business is forever changing and evolving to improve the ways users can discover local businesses through their online Google search. With Google My Business, you are able to add location extensions to your ads. This means that even at a first glance, users can see exactly where a business is located before clicking through to a website. Not only can you see the location of a business, users can also get directions through google maps, hours of operation and also the business phone number all from the businesses ad on Google.
- 97% of consumers use internet when researching local products/services (BIA/Kelsey)
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get
88% of consumers consult online reviews before they purchase local services (BrightLocal , Local Consumer Review Survey 2014)Google My Business is a great addition for local businesses on Google. It not only enhances your ad presence on Google, It also displays a significant amount of useful information about your business to searchers. On top of all of this, businesses can use Google My Business to gain customer loyalty, and improve their brand awareness to entice new customers to use their services rather than other local businesses in the same industry.
- 77% of smart phone users contact a business after looking for local Information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
- 59% of mobile users who look for local information visit the business on same day (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
- No 1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a ‘known’ business (comScore, Neustar Localeze, 15 Miles – Local Search Study 2014)