Digital Marketing Agency Case Study – Mercedes
The Mercedes Sandown Group required a digital marketing agency who knew how to adapt and work collaboratively to achieve goals and get ahead of the competition.
BackgroundSandown Group has over 30 years’ experience in selling and servicing Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Sandown Group has showrooms in Guildford, Basingstoke, Poole, Dorchester, Salisbury & Hindhead. The Group understands that it is not every day that one buys a Mercedes. For that reason, one of Sandown’s key objectives is to ensure its customers have the best customer experience – from search to purchase.
The ChallengeWhen it came to Paid Search, Mercedes-Benz Sandown Group’s main challenges were to:
- Gain better clarity and transparency on its AdWords account
- Increase service levels such as reporting, communication and meetings
- Grow the number of leads and foot traffic to the multiple locations
It quickly became apparent that Broadplace could offer more
- Increase foot traffic to showrooms
- Promote online form submissions
- Increase traffic to, and visibility of, the Sandown Group website
- Increase media spend
- Improve service levels
Digital Marketing Agency ApproachThrough creating the Sandown AdWords account in accordance with the Broadplace model, and applying best practice throughout their campaigns, Sandown Group was able to increase overall efficiency, whilst maximising return on investment. The campaigns promote all Mercedes and smart models using successful methods tested by Broadplace.
Plan of Action
- Create campaigns using Google’s best practice guidelines
- By reducing the management costs, increase the media spend budgets
- Conversion tracking creation:
- Form Submissions
- Call tracking through call extensions
- Link Google My Business to track people getting driving directions & location details to measure footfall
- Use Customer Match to target customers who have contracts ending – encouraging them to renew through Sandown
- Special promotions on specific vehicles through Facebook
- Build partnership through regular meetings and phone calls
- Ensure Sandown Group are completely aware of where its media spend is being invested
- Clear, concise and regular reporting showing accurate data with complete visibility on actual AdWords spend (through Broadplace’s own CampaignHub technology)
- Improved channels of communication with a dedicated Google-qualified Account Manager
- Inputs and insights provided by collaborative working with Google directly
- Improved CTR by 50%
- Click Conversion Rate has increased 214%
- 75 click to calls, getting location details & driving directions from PPC
- Budget spent on media increased by 60%
- Foot traffic sales as a result of paid social advertising
- Since working in partnership with Broadplace, traffic and conversions for Sandown have been growing, even in the early stages.
- Increased budget that has been allocated to Google AdWords has been used more wisely and effectively and we have been very transparent in the areas we are investing the spend.
Our expertise in Paid Search has proven invaluable in helping Sandown achieve its objectives
How’s It Working Out?
“I have really enjoyed working with Broadplace and from our results to date, I am very confident that our account will just go from strength to strength. All account handlers have a great knowledge and understanding of PPC and everything that encompasses it and I trust their suggestions and feedback which is very important to me” Laura Gibson, Marketing Manager, Sandown Group
“We are extremely proud to be associated with Sandown Group and Mercedes-Benz and we have taken great pride and passion in our relationship as a result. We knew from the start that our approach would work effectively for Sandown Group and it has been wonderful to witness the positive impact our approach has had on their campaigns” Ajay Syal, Managing Director, Broadplace
“It has been a great experience working with Sandown Group from the offset and we are really excited to see Sandown grow with Broadplace” Akash Raval, Senior Account Manager, Broadplace