Boost Your Account ROI With 4 Powerful Remarketing Strategies
Intro It is common knowledge that remarketing is a great strategy to boost account performance. We know that…
- 96% of visitors leave a website without converting.
- 70% abandon a shopping cart without purchasing.
- 49% typically visit 2-4 websites before purchasing.
- Firstly you should ensure you have remarketing audiences setup for each stage of the funnel on your site. So typically this would be ‘homepage’ visitors, ‘category page’ visitors that are a little more targeted than homepage visitors and then ‘checkout abandonment’ visitors that are even closer to a purchase and even more targeted.
- Duplicate your search or shopping campaign and apply the remarketing audiences to the new campaign, ensuring that the target setting is ‘target and bid’. Applying this setting will make sure that the new traffic (non-remarketing) will go to the original campaign and the returning traffic (remarketing) will get filtered to the new remarketing campaign. TIP: Having separate campaigns for remarketing allows you to set budgets separate from your existing campaigns so you can ensure you get a high IS (impression share) for the returning traffic that you know is much more valuable and more likely to convert.
- Apply bid modifiers based on the different stage of the funnel people are in. If someone has abandoned the checkout then they are much more targeted to someone that has just visited the homepage so you should apply a much more aggressive bid modifier to that remarketing audience.
- Rework the messaging in the ads. You are now trying to get the visitors to return to the site rather than looking for that first time click so the messaging in your ads should reflect that and be relevant to the products / services they have been looking at on the site.