How To Achieve Enviable Customer Satisfaction
by Dan Pillay, Head of Operations, Broadplace Advertising Ltd.In the following article, you can learn the process which has led to industry-leading levels of advertiser satisfaction and retention as outlined by our MD, Ajay Syal, in Dublin at the recent Google Partner Conference: As part of our efforts to promote high customer service levels we’ve kicked off this year with a whole new customer satisfaction rating process. We’ve given our clients the opportunity to rate our service in just a few simple clicks, as well as suggest ways to improve our products and services and put some goals in place for the next quarter. I’m immensely proud of the attention and focus we give our customer service levels, so I wanted to walk through the process, workflow and customer touch-points we have in place which allow us to:
- Uncover potential issues
- Highlight positive stories
- Share knowledge within the team
- Reduce response times
- Put customers at the center of our product development
Customer Satisfaction MethodologyThe methodology outlined above uses two interlinked customer feedback loops to put our customers at the center of our products both at the one-to-one level between a success manager and the customer which we believe drives rapid action. At the same time we work with longer customer feedback loops, which are focused on improving single metrics; these are simple and effective to follow at corporate level and is a method outlined in further detail here: httpss://hbr.org/2009/12/closing-the-customer-feedback-loop – showing how focus on a simple metric such as NPS strengthens organisation-wide change.
Customer FeedbackThese differing loop structures serve a purpose for service providers at a business level, allowing us to differentiate between the one-to-one experiences, as well as shifting company-wide standards. However, to me it is more important that they reflect how a customer actually experiences our products and services. For example, a customer receiving a report wants to feedback instantly in the moment, just a few examples where instant feedback is important to a moment might be:
- “I’ve just received a record lead, this report makes sense, do more of the same!” or maybe
- “Stats look great, but I’ve just lost two clients so they don’t resonate with how I’m feeling now”
- “This report caught me at a bad time, you’re seeing good results but I’m struggling…I need to react!”
- Launched 5 completely new products:
- Helped 62% of customers to invest more than this time last year, with better results!
- Delivered over 12,000+ campaign performance reports.
- Tracked more leads, conversions and sales than ever before for our customers.